For the past few weeks, my CSA has been loading me up with tons of hot peppers & serrano chilis. This week I also received tomatoes & cilantro. All signs pointed to: FRESH SALSA!!!!!
- ½ cup green & red serrano chiles (8 to 10), finely chopped and seeded (wear protective gloves)
- 2 hungarian hot wax peppers, seeded & finely minced
- 5-6 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 small orange peppers, diced
- juice of one lime
- dash of salt
- Combine all vegetables in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt & lime juice. Allow to sit, chilling for about an hour before serving.
If you know me, you know I love my salsa & hot sauce — the hotter the better!!! But beware, this isn’t for the faint of heart (or taste buds)! This stuff is beyond HOT!!!! I found these yummy new chips at Trader Joe’s ~ “Super Seeded Tortilla Chips Made with Organic Flax, Chia & Hemp Seeds.”