So I’m pretty much obsessed with this “Pumpkin Cacao Chip Superfood Smoothie” from Mind Body Green. I’ve been on a punkin’ smoothie kick for the past few weeks & this recipe has worked its way into the running for top contender! It’s full of superfoods, autumn spices, plant-based protein, & a whole lotta love. Today I added a dash of cardamom, cloves, & nutmeg to make it extra warming, & knob of fresh ginger for a bit of zip & zest! Yum!
- ⅔ cup of coconut water
- ⅓ cup of organic almond milk
- ⅓ cup organic pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- ½ of a frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (made into a gel with 2 Tbsp. of water & let sit for 10 minutes before adding to the smoothie)
- ½ scoop of Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- A sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, & nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 small coin of fresh ginger, peeled
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt — brings out sweetness and flavors
- 1 soaked date
- Raw cacao nibs — stir in/top as much as desired, sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.
- Put everything except the cacao nips into the blender, blend well.
- Add ice as needed to thicken. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on the top & top with cacao nips to decorate.
Serve & enjoy immediately!
This is powering me through my food prep day! Two vegan cheeses are aging as I type. Happy Thanksgiving eve!