I had two very ripe bananas & no blender to make a smoothie, so I turned those bananas into yummy, wholesome pancakes, inspired by a recipe I saw here! I love pancakes/waffles & it’s not often that I treat myself anymore!
These are rich & dense, but oh so good, & I served my pancakes with Trader Joe’s “Wild Maine Blueberry Fruit Sauce” to make them extra special! I might have to add a few extra miles to my run today!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, sifted (Bob’s Red Mill is the BEST!)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds (again go with Bob’s!)
- 2 Tbsp. evaporated cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (I used my favorite Trader Joe’s “Very Cherry Berry Blend”)
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- Coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- Combine all dry ingredients (EXCEPT the flax seeds) & set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vanilla & flax seeds & whip until somewhat smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once combined, gently fold in the fruit.
- Lightly oil a frying pan over medium-high heat. Scoop about ¼ cup of the batter per pancake & place in the pan. Allow each side to brown.
- Serve hot, topped with Earth Balance & agave nectar or maple syrup.