- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint snap peas, trimmed & halves (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- handful of microgreens
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼-1/2 cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Prepare the quinoa: combine the quinoa and water in a sauce pan & bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, stir, cover, & cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, let it stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine tahini, olive oil, lemon juice & zest, garlic & sea salt in blender & blend until smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency.
- Prepare the salad: Combine the quinoa, snap peas, & radishes in a large bowl. Pour over about half of the dressing, then toss to combine. Taste & add more dressing if desired. Top with micro greens. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Ahhh, this salad! It makes the perfect lunch & would be fantastic for a potluck or beach picnic. It’s so light & refreshing with the crisp veggies, yet the quinoa gives it a soul satisfying “heartiness.” I used a mix of red & white quinoa, as you can see. I love the texture combination. This salad has a lot of CRUNCH! And don’t even get me started on the creamy & zesty dressing. I’ve been putting it on everything, as you will see next week, from salads, to noodles, even a dip for veggies. There is an abundant lemon tree on my new property & I am fully taking advantage of my landlord’s invitation to pick the fruit!
Well, with that I am off, back to spending more hours reformatting the new site. Thanks so much for your patience as things constantly change. Such is the nature of life, anyway. See you next time!