Romanesco Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry
Recipe type: Meatless Main
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Romanesco cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 ounces lite coconut milk
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onions & cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic & ginger. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water & steam the cauliflower until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Add chickpeas & spices to the onions. Add the cauliflower & stir to coat with the spices. Add the coconut milk & cook until chickpeas & cauliflower have heated through. Serve over a bed of jasmine rice.