Summer produce has arrived & I am so happy. Last week, I picked up my first basket of mixed summer squash & tomatoes at the farmers’ market. My palate has been ready for summer fruits & veggies.
You know I love pasta, as I post about it often, & this evening I was craving fresh, seasonal & simple pasta dish. I decided to incorporate my summertime market finds…
I lightly roasted the veggies with olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, sea salt & pepper…
Then tossed them with Ancient Harvest Quinoa Spaghetti, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes & fresh basil. Simple as that.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 small summer squashes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. dried oregano
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat for the pasta. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the squashes, tomatoes, garlic & oregano in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, a sprinkle sea salt & pepper & toss. Place veggies on baking sheet & roast for 20 minutes, until the squash is tender & lightly browned.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Once cooked, remove about ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water, drain the pasta.
- In a large serving bowl add pasta & roasted veggies, & gently toss. Add the pasta water if needed.
- Season with nutritional yeast, & red pepper flakes. Garnish with fresh basil.
A simple pleasures dish that is summery, colorful & fresh. Enjoy!