- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head Romanesco cauliflower, cut into 1-inch-wide florets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lb dried whole wheat linguine
- ⅓cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup whole almonds with skin, toasted & coarsely chopped
- Pulse olives & parsley in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat. Cook cauliflower with salt, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic & red-pepper flakes & cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in water & boil 1 minute. Add olive mixture & cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water. Drain in a colander & return to pot.
- Add cauliflower mixture & toss well, then add nutritional yeast & toss again. If pasta is dry, moisten with some reserved cooking water.
- Sprinkle pasta with almonds & serve immediately.
Such a wonderfully delicious dish of pasta! The delicate cauliflower with balanced beautifully with the rich “sauce” & the sprinkle of almonds gave a subtle nuttiness & crunch. I highly recommend you give it a try.