Kale. Can’t get enough of it. Most often I juice it, or steam it & toss it into a simple bowl of quinoa & Bragg’s, but lately I’ve been trying to enjoy it in all of its raw glory.
I threw this simple salad together yesterday, as a kick-off to, what I hope to be, a very healthful summer. All of the veggies are seasonal & local – from Suzie’s Farm, with the exception of the avocado, which was from P’s uncle’s tree.
- 1 bunch of kale
- ½ cup shredded rainbow carrots
- ½ cup shredded chioggia beets
- ½ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- 1 batch of Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing (from Oh She Glows)
- Prepare dressing in a food processor & process until smooth.
- Shred carrots & beets in food processor, or grate by hand.
- Tear the leaves off of the kale stems & chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix kale & dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined, & massage dressing into leaves until just wilted. Add veggies & toss. Sprinkle with pepitas.
- Place in fridge to ‘marinate’ for 10-15 minutes. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.