I haven’t been cooking as much lately which is due in part to having a full calendar, being out of town, & transitioning to the small CSA box & eating more simple raw salads & meals!
I had time in my schedule to cook this afternoon & got some inspiration from my latest share & this recipe, for this crunchy, light & flavorful salad.
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced (I used savoy)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (add more or less if you like)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Thai basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon verbena, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 package brown rice noodles (soba noodles would work nicely too!)
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. raw agave
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking shred the vegetables, & chop the herbs
- In a small bowl whisk together the tamari, sesame oil, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, agave, ginger, garlic, sriracha & dash of pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together the cabbage, carrots, green onions, 7 sesame seeds.
- Toss the salad with the dressing & then mix in the noodles until well combined. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds & chopped Thai basil.